something new to me

I'm welcoming myself to blogging!!!

Nahhh!!! Blogging (defined by wiki as the act of maintaining a website by an individual, with regular entries of commentary, descriptions of events, or other material such as graphics or video) perse has been a part of my regular, or, should I say, daily routine. However, this one's gonna be the first time that I'm using an online site for expressing mostly "text" ideas rather than pictures.

Yes, I do write in multiply and friendster, and other picture-sharing sites. So, how do this entire brouhaha would divert from the others? Ok, let's just say this is gonna be more of my personal space... anything about my thoughts, likes, ramblings, insecurities, etc.

The other sites I'm maintaining are for my family, my babies in particular. Another yes, I'm a mother and a wife, too. So please expect more of my household rants here. I'm actually wanting this to become a food blog. Wahhh!!! Please my Precious Time, allow me to do so...

So there... I am IAM, Third and Hashka's super mom and Hanshel's gorgeous wife. Bow! =)

Comments

jb said…
Hi IAm,
I really enjoy reading your site and just wanted to ask if you have any recipe with taro leaves or aba and how to cook it inabraw style--i think, not the one with the coconut milk or laing style?
Thank You and Mahalo from Hawaii ;)
EEEYHUM said…
Hi jb!

Thanks for the comment.

I only learned how to cook inabwaw from my mother in law. As of our most recent visit to Ilocos in May this year, I haven't seen her yet cook taro leaves - inabraw style. But I know a "gabi" recipe without the coconut milk. You do it just like how laing is done, minus the coconut milk. Use bagoong isda instead of bagoong alamang. I suppose you know how laing is done...

Hope this helps =)

By the way, my hubby has lots of relatives in hawaii. You may be one of them ;)
jb said…
aloha and kumusta Iam,
thanks again for the info on the gabi leaves. i had attempt on cooking it as you said, and yes, it turned out well and tasted the way i had been hoping it to be.
ne ways, if ever your in hawaii, l'll be glad to tour you n fam around. donnu if your hubby knows anyone here in waipahu-i;m from ilocos also.

more cooking to you,
jb n family
EEEYHUM said…
wow! nice to know you did it the way you want to.

if there's one place that i'm dreaming to go to in the US, it's definitely hawaii. who knows... maybe, someday ;)

i know there are a lot of LAYAOENs there. you might know some of them =)

Popular posts from this blog

Ginataang Kalabasa at Talong (Squash and Eggplant in Coconut Cream)

Sinampalukang Manok (Chicken in Tamarind Soup)

Inabraw* na Kabute at Bulaklak