Chicken Afritada


When I arrive late from office, I always make it a point to choose a recipe with less preparation and cooking time. Still, I make sure the taste isn't sacrificed. Chicken Afritada is one of my family's all-time faves in my list of easy-to-do ones.

Preparation time would only be for about 10 minutes while cooking time, about 30 minutes. The househelp can do this themselves, too (although I really handle the cooking myself).

Ingredients:
  • 1/2 kg chicken parts
  • 1 tbsp oil
  • minced garlic
  • 1 small onion, chopped
  • 1 tbsp patis (fish sauce)
  • 1/4 c tomato sauce
  • 1/2 c water
  • 1 medium potato, quartered
  • 1 small carrot, cubed/sliced
  • 1 red bell pepper, sliced
  • salt and pepper

Directions:
  1. Sautee garlic and onion in oil.
  2. Add patis and tomato sauce.
  3. Add chicken and simmer for five minutes.
  4. Pour in water and let it boil.
  5. When the chicken is almost done, add potatoes and carrots.
  6. Add the bell pepper, salt and pepper two minutes before removing from heat.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ginataang Kalabasa at Talong (Squash and Eggplant in Coconut Cream)

Sinampalukang Manok (Chicken in Tamarind Soup)

Inabraw* na Kabute at Bulaklak