The breakfast I miss (Omelet)


It's only during weekends that I have time to eat breakfast, and cook for all of us. Oftentimes, we just settle for bread or hotcake and coffee. Anyways, my baby's diet doesn't include rice for breakfast. And so I have no major reason to prepare since my hubby is also not used to eating rice in the morning.

This Saturday, I woke up early since the electric bill collector came at 7am. Yes, 7am is still VERY early for me during weekends. With nothing to do, I searched the fridge and found the smoked fish (tinapa) I bought two days ago when I passed by the public market. I fried those pieces and paired with my TOP (tomato, onion, potato) omelet. It may be a redundancy but I also chopped some tomato, onion, and fresh green mango as salad.

Here's what I did for the omelet.

Ingredients:
  • 4 large eggs, beaten
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • 1/4 c cheese, grated
  • 1 small onion, chopped
  • 1 small potato, chopped
  • 2 tomatoes, chopped

Directions:
  1. Dash the beaten eggs with salt, pepper, and cheese. Set aside.
  2. Pan fry the potato and onion until half-cooked. Remove from heat and add the tomatoes. Set aside.
  3. In a non-stick (use oil if not using a conventional frying pan), pour half of the egg mixture.
  4. Top the egg mixture with the TOP mixture. Flip into half when done, then remove from heat.
  5. Do the same with the remaining mixtures.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ginataang Kalabasa at Talong (Squash and Eggplant in Coconut Cream)

Sinampalukang Manok (Chicken in Tamarind Soup)

Inabraw* na Kabute at Bulaklak