A salute to SG Bayani Sagum of SM Pampanga

My belief that the Filipinos are still the most honest people in the human race is once again strengthened by SM Pampanga's security guard, Bayani Sagum. Too bad I wasn't given the chance to see him in person or even talk to him to thank him for surrendering our car key without hesitation. This is the least I could do to show him how I appreciated his act of incorruptibility. Also, I would like to congratulate the SM management for handling their customer service so well.

It was 30 minutes before SM Pampanga's closing time (9:00 pm) when I finished grocery shopping. Since the kids and the yayas were with us, waiting outside the supermarket, hubby decided to bring the the stuff I bought to the car. While I, with the kids, went to Jollibee to order our dinner in advance. Hubby bought his food from Chowking (just across Jollibee's location). Dinner was finished. It's nearly 9:30 pm.

We rushed to the nearest exit to our car but the door was already closed. A lady guard led us to the other door that's supposedly closing that time. Through her help, we're able to pass through.

I was the last one to get out when hubby ran toward my direction, going back from the car. "Nasa'yo ba yung susi?" he asked uncertainly. I said I just kept it when we're at Robinson's. Without a word, he rushed back to the mall's door and talked to the guards-on-duty. Confused, I went to the parking lot where my babies and the yayas were waiting. It's confirmed, the car key with its alarm was missing.

I called hubby and he told me that the guards were helping him, and that he will just call me back when everything's settled. I prayed hard since my babies were already sleepy and I knew the rain's gonna come anytime.

"What if they can't find the key? Am I going to call Tatay to fetch us? Oh my... it's still an hour away from my parents' house. Are we just going to check-in the nearest hotel without anything but wallet and phones? What about my babies? We have their things (good for 2 days since we're visiting and sleeping at my parents' house) inside the car. I have to call my father now." These things, and others, run through my mind.

I called Tatay and told him what happened. He told me to call him immediately if ever we can't find any way to go home. After a couple more minutes, hubby's running back, holding a piece of paper with a key attached on it. It's our car key!

Written on the paper was: :ILC Main Atrium (where the key was found), SG Bayani Sagum (the guard who returned back the key). I sighed for relief. I asked hubby to look for SG Sagum but he told me he's already out of duty and that he didn't see him either.

The head guard told hubby that it's a good thing a guard, and not a civilian, found the key. He explained that we had to leave the car in the parking lot until we get the duplicate (wahhh!!! I used to bring it but forgot it this time. The duplicate key in my wallet was the Safari's). In that case, the "key keeper" would have an easy access to open the car and get eveything from it. Worse, he can drive the car out of the parking lot without the parking ticket if he's an efficient tricker. But of course, the SM management would not allow that to happen.

Hay... thank God for people like Mr. Sagum. I hope I gave justice to his good deeds. To you Mr. Sagum, bayani ka! May God bless you more and more! And to the SM management, keep up the good work in training your personnel on quality customer service.

Cheers!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ginataang Kalabasa at Talong (Squash and Eggplant in Coconut Cream)

Sinampalukang Manok (Chicken in Tamarind Soup)

Inabraw* na Kabute at Bulaklak