Pork-Hotdog Steak (my banner)


Every Friday night, I have to be in my most creative self in the kitchen. Why? Because the fridge is running out of my weekly stock! One product from my freezer's "tira-tira" (leftover) is this one - pork and hotdog steak! Frozen veggie bits, pork chops, hotdogs, and potatoes equal tasty and colorful meal for the kids and kids-at-heart.

Ingredients:
  • 1/2 kg pork chops
  • 1 medium-sized potato, cut in wedges
  • 1/4 c soy sauce
  • 3 tbsp calamansi extract or 4 tbsp lemon extract
  • 1/2 c water
  • 1 tbsp whole peppercorns
  • 1/4 c frozen veggie bits (green pease, corn, carrots)
  • 4 regular size hotdogs, sliced diagonally
  • oil
  • 1 big onion, sliced into circles
  • salt
  • 1 tsp sugar
Directions:
  1. Boil porkchop in water, calamansi extract, soy sauce, and peppercorns until tender. Set aside.
  2. Fry onion in oil and set aside.
  3. Fry potatoes, veggie bits, and hotdogs until cooked. Set aside.
  4. Slightly fry the pork chops in the same pan.
  5. Pour the remaining juice from boiling the pork.
  6. Add sugar and salt and continuously boil until it thickens a bit.
  7. Toss with the other fried ingredients before removing from heat.

Comments

kryzteta said…
Oh my! Your recipes looks so tempting! I would love to link your site to mine :)
Meg Sioson said…
I love cooking, too. This made me hungry. I think I'll try to cook that recipe (but I will not wait for the left-overs).
EEEYHUM said…
Thanks sisses! Feel free to link this site. It's my pleasure to be of help to others who want to learn the basics of cooking.

Popular posts from this blog

Ginataang Kalabasa at Talong (Squash and Eggplant in Coconut Cream)

Sinampalukang Manok (Chicken in Tamarind Soup)

Inabraw* na Kabute at Bulaklak