Globe Visibility's "invisibility"


I'm super bad trip coz our internet connection is down! It's been three days! The reason why I can't post at home. Oh well, we still have connection but with GPRS only, not HSDPA.

We've been using Globe Visibility for almost a year now. It enticed us then since it's mobile, HSDPA 3G capable, and can be used for texting (and even calling when the simcard is inserted in a phone). It's like having a postpaid line and internet connection in one.

However, we observe lately that the signal is not that stable. Yes, we're in the province but our area is already 3G connected. There are times that we get the maximum speed (3.6 Mbps). Most of the time, it's just 800-900 Kbps. It's fine as long as I don't wait for eternity for a picture to upload.

Since typhoon Frank happened (some time in June 20-ish thi year), we can't maximize the use of this modem. I don't know if it's affected by the heavy rains but it shouldn't be that way.

I don't want to have bad reviews about Globe's service since they've been very friendly in answering all our queries. However, at this point, we can't do anything but to wait for the signal to stabilize.

I love the comfort the Visibility plan is giving us. I just hope this is just a technical glitch. If not, I'm switching... and am not paying my last monthly dues. Harhar! Joke! (Di kaya naputulan na kami? Hehe...)

Comments

Anonymous said…
I have been a globe broadband subscriber since June of this year and I can say that we have the same sentiments. When my internet was first connected it was working fine and I always get the maximum speed but after a month my internet connection suddenly went out. Glove CS says that they have a problem with the node or signal towers in our area. It took them almost a month to send someone to check my modem to see if it was indeed a node problem or just a malfunctioning modem, it was not my modem. The technicians thought me how to connect to 2G until the 3G is working fine again, it took 2 weeks before 3G was up and running. But then the speed was not as stable as before. There were times when I would get disconnected from a few minutes to a couple of hours, sometimes even days! Until now I'm having problems with the internet connection. I'm seriously considering changing ISP's but Globe has this 1 year lock-in period so I can't disconnect from their service yet. Oh well, I guess I would have to endure this crappy service for a while.
EEEYHUM said…
Hi Kaye!

I finally switched to PLDT MyDSL. It's been a a month and I can say that I'm satisfied. We also have a (limited) wireless connection. I actually don't know how it happened. My neighbors probably have one. Hehe...

Switch ka na. Globe has to do more to make its service worth our precious money...

Popular posts from this blog

Ginataang Kalabasa at Talong (Squash and Eggplant in Coconut Cream)

Sinampalukang Manok (Chicken in Tamarind Soup)

Inabraw* na Kabute at Bulaklak