Pork Spareribs

I'm super proud of this recipe! This is the first time I cooked it, but I must say I pulled it off pretty well. The whole family, including the kids and the househelps (who have very diverse taste), loved it, too.

It's pure experimentation. Haven't read anything about this recipe before coz I thought it needs to be roasted all the time. Well, I just found out I was wrong. Yeah, it took some time for me to get done, but it's OK. The taste justifies the means =)

Ingredients:
  • two baby back ribs (approximately 3/4 kg), cut into desired size
  • 3 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
  • 1/2 cup soy sauce
  • 1/4 cup vinegar
  • juice from 4 calamansi
  • 3 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 onion, chopped
  • peppercorns, freshly cracked
  • 2 cups water
  • 3 tbsp brown sugar
  • 4 pcs bay leaf
  • 1 tbsp oil

Directions:
  1. Marinate the ribs in the first seven ingredients (from Worcestershire sauce to peppercorns) for at least an hour.
  2. After marinating, boil the ribs in low fire with the marinade and the water. Let the ribs absorb the liquid.
  3. When only half of the liquid is left, remove from heat.
  4. Heat oil in a pan and pan fry the ribs.
  5. Add the liquid from boiling the ribs, sugar , and bay leaf.
  6. Wait until the sauce thickens. Taste and add the necessary condiments (salt, pepper, sugar).
  7. Remove from heat and serve.

Optional: Before serving, cook it in a microwave oven for 3-5 minutes in HIGH setting. It will make the liquid penetrate more the meat. Further, it produces a somehow glaze-looking dish. I did it here.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ginataang Kalabasa at Talong (Squash and Eggplant in Coconut Cream)

Inabraw* na Kabute at Bulaklak

Sinampalukang Manok (Chicken in Tamarind Soup)