A "Storya" you can share

Photo credit to Storya FB page

In QC's gastronomic world, the "character" streets in UP Village are among the most famous for sprawling restaurants serving a variety of cuisines, rightfully with unique "characters", for different budgets. But at the corner of the adjacent Kalayaan Avenue and V. Luna Street is yet another one of a relatively new foodie destination that offers delectable dishes and a dining experience, literally with a bang!

We went here on a Friday night just for dinner until we saw the menu with choices of alcoholic drinks - one too many for a normal restaurant. We were then told that there's a hidden bar right outside the doorstep adjoining the two rooms. Hence, the name of the place, Storya Kitchen + Bar.

Amuse-bouche. Fluffy pandesal with scoops of  bombshell spread that tasted like margarine with a hint of muscovado and bits of cocoa. Because I was starving and this was the first one served, not to mention it's free, I can say this is my fave part of the meal.

Ice Balsamic Blue Salad (P395). Lettuce, balsamic, bleu cheese dressing, cherry tomatoes, feta cheese, egg. As any fresh salad, the dressing made this dish extra special. The bleu cheese dressing perfectly complimented the freshness of the vegetables. It's not overpowering at all. I've tasted another salad, the Tropical Citrus, on our next visit (yes, we returned after a couple of weeks) but this one still ranks first.

Patatas Ala Storya (P325). Potato wedge, beef, cheese sauce, cilantro dressing. Delicious but nothing to rave about. I appreciated that it's not made of ready-to-fry potato wedges like what most restaurants offer for a potato side dish. And as a family avoiding rice for carbs, this literally filled us with that energy requirement.

Baked Scallops Canafeh (P455). Scallop, canafeh, melted cheese, Storya ensalada, salted egg. OK, let me tweak my first claim... THIS is actually my favorite out of all the dishes that we paid for. I had no idea what "canafeh" was and the decision to order this was because of the scallops. So I was a bit disappointed when it was served. But, lo and behold! The first bite - natural ocean flavor balanced with cheese and other umami spices, uhhhmmm, heaven! Definitely a must-order.

Supremo Putok Batok Feast (P695). Pork belly, chicken skin, tokwa strip, calamari, homemade vinegar and TB sauce. The Pinoy in us was shouting to grab this one, and the craving was convincingly satisfied! Everything was fried to perfection - crispy, not dripping in oil they seemed baked. The serving was so big we took half home.

Some kind of chocolate/banana shake? I forgot what it's called, and the price which I think was P200 or so. This was for hija, but yeah... it's a cocoa-milk-banana drink.

Alcohol for the night. Anakena Birdman Merlot from Chile. I love wines, a loooot! I've tasted quite a number of different origins, even visited an actual vineyard and winery. But I don't have the knowledge to professionally evaluate them according to set standards. And I don't intend to. I just want to enjoy drinking - merlot and shiraz for red and chardonnay for white. It's good when it's good! Hahaha!!! I liked this one, at least compared to most of those I regularly drink, which are cheaper ones so no complaints.

Let my Vivino rating speak for itself. Again, I forgot the price but it's around P1,000 for a 750ml bottle. Not bad.

Menu. At least a page of it. This is the only one I captured, but it shows the "main attractions".

I wasn't able to take photos of the food we ordered in our second visit but it's a set menu with the Tropical Salad, N.Y.O Sinigang, Ala Pobre Roll, Truffle Maple Bacon Pasta and drinks for three. Needless to say, I loved them all!

And here is the literal bomb! You'll feel like there's an explosion in the room when the crew started to sing to the birthday celebrators. I almost had a heart attack, really. It's not just once, but for a few times the entire night. But it's super fun!

I haven't mentioned yet the warm hospitality of the management and staff, who will greet you at any chance they get. It is pretty awkward at first but you'll eventually get used to it as it is probably embedded in the culture the restaurant wants to share with their customers - through sweet smiles and small talks as vehicles of stories they want to share. 

You want attentive service? Here is just the place. 

The overall experience is something I would go back to once in a while.
















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ginataang Kalabasa at Talong (Squash and Eggplant in Coconut Cream)

Sinampalukang Manok (Chicken in Tamarind Soup)

Inabraw* na Kabute at Bulaklak